Closing Date: 22nd October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Are you experienced in prospecting, presenting, and closing? Do you have excellent communication skills and hold on to clients as well as you can bring them in? H&H Reeds are looking for a Business Development Manager who can win new business and provide the highest standards of customer service.
As Business Development Manager, we expect you to identify opportunities from both new and existing clients. You will be capable of having great business discussions with business owners and marketing professionals across Cumbria and beyond, advising on how we help deliver their marketing strategies, through creative campaigns incorporating our website development, digital marketing, and design solutions, as well as our print and signage solutions.
We have been here for 140 years, which we put down to our great people, high quality of products and services and our great reputation. We have gradually been entering into the digital marketing space which complements our website development offering. This is a brand-new role and a fantastic opportunity to be part of an award-winning company with a great heritage and a strong vision for the future.
- Maintain and develop relationships with new and existing clients.
- Research and identify new business opportunities.
- To be responsible for lead generation and appointment setting to arrange business meetings with prospective and existing clients.
- Generate and negotiate new revenue opportunities, whilst growing existing client revenues through upsell and cross sell plans.
- Achieve individual monthly and annual targets, by maximising all opportunities across H&H Reeds core pillars of Web, Digital, Design, Print and Signage.
- To create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and any further documentation, following H&H Reeds procedure
- To identify areas for the promotion, marketing, and advertising of H&H Reeds
- Embrace and promote an entrepreneurial approach to grow H&H Reeds client base, revenues, and influence, and or helping advise clients with innovative and creative solutions.
- To monitor the sectors for H&H Reeds and to maintain an awareness of new methods, services, and products in order to ensure the company is capable of reaction to any developments.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- A proven track record of relevant sales and business development successes
- Full British driving licence
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Competent in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Time management and planning skills
- Knowledge of the Cumbrian/North-West SME market
Desirable skills, experience, and qualifications:
- An account management of digital marketing executive role within a digital agency would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of managing Office 365
- Previous CRM experience
- CPD sales management qualification
- Working knowledge of social media marketing and paid campaigns
H&H Reeds are part of H&H Group, based in Carlisle on the edge of the beautiful Lake District in Cumbria. We have existed for over 140 years as we pride ourselves on hiring the best people to deliver the highest quality products and an unchallenged customer service. As well as the usual benefits you’d expect from a well established, forward thinking employer, such as a competitive salary, company pension, training and personal development through our H&H Development Group, free onsite parking and salary sacrifice schemes we also offer an income protection policy, private healthcare benefits and a weekly onsite fitness class.
We’re proud to be an employer of choice in Cumbria and our group wide ambition, vision and values are reflected in all the areas we operate, from teamwork to client relationships.
- Aspire to be the best
- Execute superbly
- Build great teams and winning cultures
- Be adaptable to changing market and business circumstances
- Remove waste and bureaucracy from our businesses
- Valuing directness, integrity and teamwork
Salary circa £25,000 - £30,000 dependent upon experience
To apply please complete the application form below or post your application to Margaret Irving, Group Personnel Manager at H&H Group plc, Borderway, Rosehill, Carlisle CA1 2RS or alternatively
email Margaret direct.
Alternatively if you would like a personal chat or more information please contact Jonathan Nagle on [email protected] or 01768 864214